Thursday 2 June 2011

Bak Chang Review: Esquire Kitchen's Guang Dong Zong and Traditional Recipe Restaurant's Golden Bah Chang

Since it's Duan Wu festival (chinese: 端午節/端午节 ), we have been longing to eat rice dumpling /bak chang / zongzi (chinese: 肉粽 /粽子).

So I was asking around where's the best bak chang, and someone pointed me to try out Traditional Recipe Restaurant's Golden Bah Chang and Esquire Kitchen's Guang Dong Zong.

I decided to do a takeaway for both bak chang, and eat comfortably at my home. Surprisingly, both bak chang was not steamy hot when I purchase them.


Traditional Recipe Restaurant's Golden Bah Chang

Golden Bah Chang is made of roasted pork, roasted chicken, salted eggs, sausages, dried oysters, chestnuts, mushrooms and glutinous rice. It has a long, cylinder shape (unlike the conventional pyramid shape) and white in color. The taste was good, not too salty and rich in ingredient. The roasted meat was excellent and generous, with a salted egg yolk inside. The price? RM9 (inclusive of tax).



The full dried oyster, sausages and mushroom


Esquire Kitchen's Guang Dong Zong
Next, I devour the usual Guang Dong Zong from Esquire Kitchen. It has the normal pyramid shape, and smaller in size compared to Golden Bak Chang. It looks and taste just like normal bak chang, but not as tasty as the Golden Bak Chang. It has generous serving of chestnuts, and the pork portion was quite adequate too.

The price? RM6.66 [RM6 + RM0.30 (service charge) + RM0.36 (tax)]. I really don't know why I need to be charged RM0.30 for service since I do a takeaway instead of dining there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...